• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Upgrade?

barillms

NAXJA Forum User
In your opinion, what's the best upgrade.....
Rock Rails - Pwr Steering box brace - or TC skid/dana 30 rock ring?
Ford 8.8 in the works, got 297x front shafts today, Big Daddy tie rod on the way also.... Just curious to see what I should do next.

I say TC skid and rails. I use my TC skid alot. I use my rails alot too. I homebrewed a steering box frame brace. Don't have rings yet.......AAHHH hell,
get it all!!:laugh3:

t-case skid can save you the most bucks. you can still drive home with dented rockers as someone once put it. however the most important and best upgrade you can make and that i have made would be a membership to this fine organization here you go good buddy

What kinda wheeling do you do? What size tires on your rig? I'd say TC skid first, then prioritize the other stuff. The steering box brace is an important item, especially if you're running bigger than 31" tires. Might be nice to have some protection for the front diff too, but wouldn't be top on my list. Rock rails are important if you care about the body on your rig... if not, then bash them in and pound them out with a hammer when you can't close the door. When they get bad enough, cut them out and box them in.

TC skid

you can get home with a crunched rocker...

a blown ring gear in the d30 or a blown t-case isnt good, and will be a headache...

and if you crunch your rocker enough that you cant open the door - then it is time to cut out the rockers and replace them with some thicker steel...

and the Steering Box Brace is drilled flat stock, make your own - its not that hard...

NotMatt said:
What kinda wheeling do you do? What size tires on your rig? I'd say TC skid first, then prioritize the other stuff. The steering box brace is an important item, especially if you're running bigger than 31" tires. Might be nice to have some protection for the front diff too, but wouldn't be top on my list. Rock rails are important if you care about the body on your rig... if not, then bash them in and pound them out with a hammer when you can't close the door. When they get bad enough, cut them out and box them in.
I don't have any doors. I do eastern woods trails, my Jeep has 33s.
My Jeep doensn't really see any rocks.
xj_flex.jpg

Rails.

Back