• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need pictures of stock bumper mount spare tire carrier

JeepTherapy

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I just got a stock bumper mount spare tire carrier and need some pictures to finish mounting it to my Cherokee. This is the style that bolts in to the rear bumper and not the rear quarter panel. I could really use some pictures of how the catch device is mounted on the rear hatch, as well as some ideas on how I can keep the bumper end cap on the passenger side.

Thanks in advance for any information/pictures you can share.

Kevin

i've never seen that type of tire carrier on a xj. what years were they offered? Mine bolts onto the body/bumper, no problems even with a pretty hefty 31".

uvaldetxj said:
i've never seen that type of tire carrier on a xj. what years were they offered? Mine bolts onto the body/bumper, no problems even with a pretty hefty 31".

I believe they came on 91 and later model years, I got mine off of a 94 that had been Tboned. I plan on putting a 31" tire on it and see how it holds up, maybe even go to a 33x10.50 tire if it works out okay.

Kevin

Mine held a 31", but that was all street driving. I have a 93' 4-banger, 5-speed that it came on. Someone told me these were not the Jeep factory tire carrier, but rather an option that some dealers offered!?

Back