• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Testing a '92 crank sensor ..............

richie

NAXJA Forum User
Ok correct me if I am wrong,but if I unplug the sensor,and take the sensor end of the plug,should I have continuity on/off when I rotate the motor between the two upper pins?I have the 8 volts reference on the orange wire(lower pin) but I keep getting a code 11 from my check engine light.I tried to check it when I turned it over but it shows out of limits on my meter.I am going to replace the crank sensor but was just wondering.I have a factory manual but it is not the one that goes into electrical diagnosis(figures).Thanks,Richie

I'm pretty sure that like the later one it should read no continuity (open circuit) when it's standing still. That's the only test the 95 FSM gives, referring you to the DRB scan tool for further testing. I doubt it will give you a meaningful running reading with a digital meter because the meter won't pick up very short pulses.

The continuity will not change as you rotate the crank. An AC voltage will be generated. If I remember right it is about .3v but I am probably wrong. I'm sure someone can tell you the ohms the sensor should read just sitting.

Thanks guys.I hate throwing new parts at it but if the computer says it is receiving no signal,I guess it is bad.I have replaced the cam sensor,double and triple checked all my wiring.I have even compared it to my jeep.I have power to all my relays but am just not getting fire.Fuses are all fine.I guess I will find out today.Thanks,Richie

Back