• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

moving front axle forward about an inch

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
anyone move the front axle forward an inch or two? Im gonna extend my wheelbase a little. I think I should be able to go about an inch and a half without changing my steering. I am running heim steering on the pitman arm, and both knuckles. Trackbar is gonna be moved above the axle so it will be out of the way also.

Would it not be easier to move the rear back or are there clearance issues? :dunno:

in the back the gas tank gets in the way besides its easier to move an axle with links than it is with leaves

im moving the rear also. basically I want a jeep that the wheels arent gonna hit the front or back of the wheel wells.

BUCKYXJ said:
anyone move the front axle forward an inch or two? Im gonna extend my wheelbase a little. I think I should be able to go about an inch and a half without changing my steering. I am running heim steering on the pitman arm, and both knuckles. Trackbar is gonna be moved above the axle so it will be out of the way also.
You can run longer than stock CAs.
That'll at least get you back to where they were originally.:D

yeah im building longarms now so I gotta decide how far forward to go

Back