• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

16" oem wheels

Stonycar

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I dont know if im in the right thread but I'm looking for the orignal wheels that went on the cherokee classic on 97+ models. I currently have the 15" ecco but id like to have 16 and 255/85.Think they look just like the ones on the KJ. I just need to know the name of those wheels and maybe a good vendor on the net ... Thx a lot guys !!!

Icon.

They are also used on the KJ.

My '01 Cherokee came with the 16" five spoke Grand Cherokee wheels, but that was part of the 60th Anniversary package. Its nice having a little extra height, but tires are more expensive.

BCKNBLK said:
My '01 Cherokee came with the 16" five spoke Grand Cherokee wheels, but that was part of the 60th Anniversary package. Its nice having a little extra height, but tires are more expensive.
I'll bet if you check carefully you didn't get any extra height. Stock tire size for late model XJ Sports with 15" wheels was 225/75R15. Stock tire size for my 2000 XJ Classic with 16" wheels was 225/70R16. Note the change from 75-series to 70-series. I suspect your XJ also came with 70-series tires.

Looking at a representative Cooper tire (since I happen to have a Cooper brochure here, for some reason), the Discoverer A/T in 225/75R15 has a diameter of 28.20" and in 225/70R16 it has a diameter of 28.30"

That's not much of a difference, especially when you realize that any incease in height is only half the difference in the diameters.

Maybe it is an optical illusion, but I've seen KJ rims swapped under both a XJ and a ZJ and they seem to have more BS than stock XJ/ZJ rims. Just an FYI.

Back