• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" BB - larget fit tires with no rubbing?

CherokeeGold

NAXJA Forum User
I am about to install a RR 2"BB on my 99. I have a set of 31x10.5 tires to install as well. Do you think there will be any rubbing issues? Tires are going on stock rims.

Thanks!

CherokeeGold said:
I am about to install a RR 2"BB on my 99. I have a set of 31x10.5 tires to install as well. Do you think there will be any rubbing issues? Tires are going on stock rims.

Thanks!

no matter what you do the 31x 10.5 will rub on the loer front control arms and if you plan to wheel you will need to atleast redius the back side of the rear fender wells or they will rub bad.. I am running 2" bb on my ladies 96 xj and 245/75/16 mtr's andthey rub on the back fender wells under suspension compression

I have a 4.5" RE lift and I still get rubbing on the front bumper when I turn all the way to the left or right with 31x10.5 tires.

Last edited:
trim cut and bumpstop is the only way not to rub without crazy lift height

CherokeeGold said:

Thanks!

1.75 Daystar and homemade rear bumpstops. Only place I rub (with the swaybars connected) is the lower c-arms at full turn. 31x10.5 x15 BFG a/t t/a's and stock wheels.
BTW ... its a 99 also.

I have a 96 with the RE 2" BB but I used the long aal for 2.5" in the rear. It is been a couple of weeks and I am sitting 2.5" over stock in the front and 3" in the rear. It has settled some and I do not think it is going to come down much more in the rear. For some reason my coils always sat higher than stock and I do not think it is the upcountry model. So if you have the long aal then with minor or maybe no trimming and adjusting the steering stops you could fit 31's. I was considering 31's until a friend offered me his old 30's for a good price. I would say try it and if it rubs trim a little. It also will depend on what tire you go with because some 31's are bigger than others.

Fergie said:
I may do that...

End of Hijack.

might want to get that one quick, he offered to sell it to me on pirate the other day...

Resume hijack

Back