• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Powertrax No-Slip issue in a 8.25

Drunk tank

NAXJA Forum User
I installed my no slip about a month and a half ago and it went great. The initial on road performance was awsome and it locked and unlocked smoothly. Recently though it seems as if its been kinda staying locked too long when taking turns and then finally unlocking with a loud pop. Anyhow... i popped the cover off expecting to find the locker missing teeth and such... but the ting was perfectly fine! locked and unlocked great when i spun the tires but it seemed like the outer springs were too loose. theres the small inner spring that fits in the two holes and the larger heavier spring that rides on the small spring. it seems to me that the larger spring should contact both faces of the locker and be under pressure to keep everything firm and tight. But in my case the outer springs are about 1/8" short let alone produce any pressure on the faces.

So my question is, are they supposed to be like that??? Could I have gotten the wrong springs?

Heres some pics and you can see that the springs are on the short side.

p71608078ae.jpg

p71608086bj.jpg

well ill have to wait till monday for that. figured someone on here may of had the same issue and knew what the solution is

thanks for the number though. :laugh3:

Yea it sounds like the springs might have worn out too quickly. I had a problem like that with my front lock-rite when I didn't install all the springs, and I had a similar problem that made it unlock late, and pop when it did so. Call for a new set of springs, and definately try to show them these pictures so that they could diagnose the problem better.

I bet that if you pull it apart youll find that you will need to replace some of the small springs inside that float the crosspin. that big spring is only to keep both sides from being disengaged at the same time. yes they are loose. call Randy's ring and pinion for a new spring kit. about $10 and rebuild it.

Drunk tank said:
So my question is, are they supposed to be like that??? Could I have gotten the wrong springs?

Installed mine yesterday and yeah they touched but not super tight.
Have you used the check block to validate width?
Idea: You might try "opening" the spring a touch in the mean time.

You DO realize that this thread is 6 months old?? :laugh3:

The original poster has since been through an EZ Locker and is now running a Detroit Locker.

Back