• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GWNF Run Anyone?

I'm getting my therapy on friday morning so i'm free to leave whenever friday afternoon. We need to make reservations at a motel soon. Just let me know.

Plan is to leave on Friday afternoon. Preferrably at 4:00pm or so since I've got work until 3:00. I'm in Manassas, so I'll likely meet you guys up there since you'll be heading my way to get to I-66W. Lets figure out where we're staying so we can start arranging accomodations, since it would appear that we will have the women folk with us.
Skorpyo

Is this supposed to be on the same thread as the other GWNF?

Planning on Nov. 2-3?

David

That was my fault. Hit the wrong button. :oops: Yes this is the same thread, the run will be November second and third.
I will be home on Friday, therefore I will be ready to go and the early afternoon. If anyone in the area would like to travel with us you are welcomed, let us know and we will meet up. Tim can you find out what hotel we stayed at the last time? Is there any one that knows the trails, that are going with us? AlsoI think we can use this thread to find out what the head count is. Hope to see you on the trail. :D Hey Ben are you going with us?
Bob

unfortunately i am not, i still have all the nasty vibes, and unless i find a rear soon, get it set up(if not xj D44), regeared and all that stuff in a matter of 2 weeks im not gonna make it..... Sorry guys, i'll have to catch the next one.... :(

so far the headcount is (as I know it):
Skorpyo
Lightning (Gary92xj)
Bob Lester
David95XJ
Ary

any others???
Anyone know the trails down there? We need a guide at least someone to show us around.

I'm still looking into the hotel deal
Skorpyo

I've been down there a few times, i know some what on the left side of Rt 33, but i don't know the Dictums ridge run

the USGA map has all the trails around there marked, and if anyone has a GPS we would be set.

David

P.S. I'll be meeting yall up there as early as you want on saturday

I still plan on coming, are we wheelin on friday or are you guys just gettin there early? I'm gonna need directions if you all plan on goin down Friday night...

im not gonna make it up there. however all the trails are marked decently enough on the map. dictums ridge starts as right turn into someones driveway just after a bridge, immediately take a left up the steep dirt/gravel road. make sure you are in 4lo as this is an access that the people who own the house let us use. dont tear it up...dictum is currently the only way to get onto second mountain so i have heard. kephart run is marked by a sign that says kephart.

Hunter

Sorry you cant make it Hunter. You were a great guide last time. The fed site for Gwnf gives directions to turn left onto FDR72 at Gospel hill church for dictums ridge and second mountain,but there is no map on their site. Where can we get a map or are the trails marked from there including difficulty? I didnt see directions to Kephart's Run,that was right off the main road somewhere wasnt it? Was that just one trail there or did it connect to others?Many camped there if i recall correctly.Can you help us with directions and/or a link to a trail map?

I'm still interested. I just need to know where and when we'll be meeting up.

What are the difficulty level of these trails that are being discussed?

Well guys, unless I can 'wheel Friday afternoon a little bit, it looks like I won't be able to make it. My dad let on that my mom would be really upset if I didn't come home for my b-day, so I'm headed North to Rockville. I could wheel Friday afternoon 'cause it's on my way home, but gotta be home by late friday night. Let me know what's goin down. Peace

Ary

Perhaps I should rephrase that.....is anyone planning to wheel friday afternoon/evening?? Thanks

Ary

some one email me your physical adderess. ill make some photo copies of the maps i have and mark the trails.... now i see this run is happenin in Nov, there might be a chance in hell i can get up there. we will see. you guys need a map anyhow.
[email protected]
Hunter

If my parents become co-operative and bring me home from school next weekend to work on my Jeep, then on the weekend of the ride.....I'm down for it. I'll let you guys know what the deal is. _nicko_

Just got in, been away from the computer all week

Since ary is out, am i the only one coming from south of harrisonburg?

If anyone wants to caravan let me know

David
So Saturday mourning at what time? and where?

Well, my truck is almost ready to make this trip and wheel so I'll be bringing it regardless. I say we aim to meet up at McDormans Grocery (click for a yahoo map) at 8:30am on Saturday morning and try and headout by 9:00. Gary, Bob and I will be getting in at night on Friday so we won't be wheeling that night, and we won't be camping since setting up camp in the dark and cold isn't our idea of fun. We're still debating camping the second night, but that's yet to be seen. Wheelin on Sunday would be at the same time and place for the meet up. I'll work to get maps and have some info ready soon on trails we'll run etc etc. I'm hopin to have a 4 truck caravan comin from NoVa.
Skorpyo

i mailed out a trail map with the trails marked on it to Tim. have fun if i dont see you there.

Hunter

Back