• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking for info on pinning fan clutch

If you do....hope that the blade is well balanced....

A friend of mine tack welded his.

It's been working fine. The downsides are (a) that fan can be very loud; and (b) it does add a slight bit of horsepower drain and cuts into the fuel mileage a bit ... but he hasn't quantified it and I'm sure it's not on the order of several miles per gallon, probably more like a fraction of a MPG.

wouldnt that actually decrease air at highway speeds? i would think that the fan would go into "idle" when more air is passing over it than it can move itself. if you had it spinning at highway speeds i would think it would hold back more air.

Yes, infact at highway speeds I would imagine there would be more airflow than the fan can pull like you said. Now, if the clutch is bad and you're just trying to get off the trail or get home or to the parts store without overheating it, then that's a different story.

Back