• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Stater plate

hotrod76car

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to know if any one knows what position it should be in it has 2 if any one has a picture pleas post Oh it is a 4.0

thanks

I should be more spucific I am looking for the stater plat or pick up that is in the distributorused to puls the injecters on the rite stroke it has two positions it can be in I would like to know witch one
thanks

The rotating part, the trigger wheel or the pickup?

the pick up part that has one screw on a bracket mine has 2 holes to adjust it like 30 degres or so just woundering if mine is in the rite hole

The black plastic pickup in the bottom of the distributor is sitting at the 4 O,clock position looking down and using the wires going in as 12:00 O,clock. The rotating part on top has two scew holes, but two different size raised oval tits, so the rotoating wheel goes on only one way.
There is only one raised screw hole (in my distributor an 87) in the bottom of the distributor and a small metal bar from the screw hole to the right raised pin (looking down), on the pick up assembly.
The center of the black pickup is almost exactly halfway between 3 and 6 in the firing order, on the distributor cap.
Make any sense? Sorry I took so long had to go look.

Last edited:
This should help
statorcopy.jpg

Your picture sure makes a lot more sense than my explanation :laugh3: I´m gonna have to learn how to do that. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Back