• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homebrew Tasting, or competition?

lesslimited

Official MWC Brewmeister
NAXJA Member
OK, I know there are at least a few other homebrewers going to Moab, and I know there are several who have been talking about starting homebrewing, and it seems like almost everyone enjoys drinking homebrew... :cheers:

So, how about either just a tasting, where all beer aficionados could sample various homebrewers efforts (and non-brewers could bring their favorite regional microbrews to share)?

And/or we could do a friendly inter-chapter competition, where we pick one or two styles of beer, various chapter's homebrewers brew them, and we try to find some impartial judges?

Would anyone be interested in this, perhaps in conjunction with the Wednesday night BBQ, or another night?

Okie Terry said:
Sounds like a great idea.
I think we should have it at the top of Gold Bar Rim.
Just a thought.:D
I think it sounds like a good idea also but I'm betting the powers that be will tell us either no or make it totally unofficial.

Either way...The ICs in!

I believe the Okie is joking, but you never know with him :D

I have un-official word from one of the powers what be, that what we do after wheeling, in the evenings, is our own business (and save some homebrew for him :D )

lesslimited said:
I have un-official word from one of the powers what be, that what we do after wheeling, in the evenings, is our own business (and save some homebrew for him :D )
That works for me....We have a member who cooks up a mean homebrew...Don't know how it will compare but we will see...I tried to call him and tell him to get ready but he is on flaming goarge fishing....Lucky bastard

So, all the beer-lovers are out wheeling this weekend, or what?

Thought we'd have more interest than this...

I don't homebrew, But I am more than willing to be a Judge between the different style of brewing! :D :D

I didn't figure we'd have any shortage of volunteers for tasting, but how about some more brewers?

Remi? Quit messing around with your jeep, there's still plenty of time to assemble your brewing setup, and brew a few batches between now and October.

If we get enough interest in this, I'll bring a 5 gal keg and the Co2 tank.
Otherwise, I'll just fill my Mr Beer bottles again...

lesslimited said:
I didn't figure we'd have any shortage of volunteers for tasting, but how about some more brewers?

Remi? Quit messing around with your jeep, there's still plenty of time to assemble your brewing setup, and brew a few batches between now and October.

If we get enough interest in this, I'll bring a 5 gal keg and the Co2 tank.
Otherwise, I'll just fill my Mr Beer bottles again...
Don't bring a Keg to Utah....they are illegal here. :(

Oops, did I say keg? I meant a 5 gallon soda container ;)

DrMoab said:
I think it sounds like a good idea also but I'm betting the powers that be will tell us either no or make it totally unofficial.

Either way...The ICs in!
I may be over thinking this, isn't it a class 3 felony to cross into Utah with a beverage containing alcohol?:laugh3:

I wish I still had my brewing equipment!!
If any one would like to donate some equipment I could probably get a couple of batches going for the trip :laugh3:

Captain Ron said:
Remi, you got any equipment? Get it over here!

--ron
I got all the tasting equipment :D and for the brewing, well I keep meaning to start, but somehow everytime I am ready to start spending money on that, I break something on the jeep :(

After Moab last year, I sent Remi a bunch of equipment recomendations, and links to homebrew suppliers and forums, but the one I've been getting supplies and info from lately is http://www.northernbrewer.com/

They have good prices on equipment and supplies, and their forums have at least as much brewing info as NAXJA has XJ info. And they seem to be nicer to newbs :laugh3: This would be a good place to start, and I'll be happy to answer any questions that I can (not that I'm any kind of expert, but I have been doing it for about two years, and have learned quite a bit from the brewing god, Beezil :D )

Back