• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alright Guys, got kina strange problem here

xj_man_646

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 1991 xj that i recently did a leaf spring conversion on with a waggy 44 front. here is the problem

i mounted the leaves straight from the LCA brackets, so theymeasure 32 and some odd inches across fromone another...i cant remember what exactly, but i know that both leaves point straight forward. when I decided to test the flex on the RTI ramp my friend has, after it got to the 300 point, the TRE on the pitman arm was going to hit the leaf spring when the wheels were anything left of center.

what have the other leaf sprung xj guys done about this, or how did you do your leaves so that this did not happen. i figure, if worse comes to worse, ill just have to unbolt the leaves from the front, and move them out a couple inches.

will a leaf spring that does not cross the leaf perch perfectly squarely still work? that is my only concern as of now

Back