• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upping to 33"s

xjrrrdx

NAXJA Forum User
I have 4" right now and I have 31"s and trimmed to where my 31"s are too small up front. I know I can fit the 33"s but I was wondering how far up front I would actually need to trim/bumpstop. The rear I will cut and fold and definitly bumpstop. Will I be losing a lot of flex? I have a locker to help where flex falls short.

not at all. that is plenty of room. cut plentifuly and i would also take a hammer to the inner fenderwells as well asthat pinch seam in there, you can gain a good bit there by doing so. i only had to add 2" bumpstops running 3.75" of lift and 33s. just cut and beat and you will have plenty of travel

not just the seem, but the whole inner fender, you can get a good 2" or more by wailing on it, if i had a bigger hammer i could get more

Ramsey said:
not just the seem, but the whole inner fender, you can get a good 2" or more by wailing on it, if i had a bigger hammer i could get more

Mine seems to rub on the front of the fender since I folded the seam over. Did you beat that part in too? I've seen where Some have cut and rebuilt the front around the battery and intake.

i just hit that part with a hammer too, your talking about where the battery sits? wait fender or inner fender?

just be careful not to give your battery a good whack

Back