• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE drop brackets & engine skid?

MikeyB

NAXJA Forum User
Can you use the RE drop brackets and still be able to use rustys engine/tranny skid?

TIA
Mike

Hmmmm...Rusty's page doesn't want to open for me right now. How does it mount? Does it have anything to do with the control arm mounts? If so, the DBs replace the upper control arm with a hard spacer but still use the mounting position to help hold the bracketry.

I'd recommend calling Rusty to see if it fits. If he doesn't know, have him send me a skid and we can find out...doesn't need to be painted if that will help seal the deal. ;)

http://www.yuccaman.com/jeep/re_db.html

The engine/tranny skid does have a crossmember that goes from inside LCA to LCA then the skid mounts to that and the t-case crossmember.

Yes, you can use Rusty's engine skid with the RE drop brackets. Our skid mounts to the upper control arm mounts and will work with just about any lift kit, including most long-arm kits.

Thanks-Stretch

RustysOffroad.com

Stretch said:
Yes, you can use Rusty's engine skid with the RE drop brackets. Our skid mounts to the upper control arm mounts and will work with just about any lift kit, including most long-arm kits.

Thanks-Stretch

RustysOffroad.com

uhh, you mean lower control arm mounts.

Sorry, a little unclear there, got a bit ahead of the cart. Our Engine/Tranny skid mounts to the Lower Control Arm mount with short arm lifts and Upper Control Arm mounts for the long-arm lifts. We use a different crossmember depending on lift type.

Thanks-Stretch

RustysOffroad.com

I'm the webmaster at RustysOffroad.com. I also do some marketing and sales. I try to keep up on the forums to help answer any "Rusty's" specific questions.

Thanks-Stretch

Rusty's Offroad West

Yeah that crossmember doesn't come close to fitting after you get those UCA boomerang brackets in. I will have to cut and shorten the crossmember a little. The crossmember was uber tight squeeze without those brackets to begin with.

Back