• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap and simple or expensive and simpler

ADVNTURR

I worry when rattles stop
I am trying to take care of some very bad vibrations in my 91 and it has been pointed out to me that my poly LCA bushings are shot and are a possible source. My question is opinion based. My 4dr is lifted 3" with all high end components and it is my DD with probably 80% onroad driving. Should I go cheap and get new OEM rubber bushings which will be a little challenging to install at my current abode or get a new set of polys which would be easier to install but a little more pricy. The other option is to just bite the bullet and just get a new set of LCAs from RE with the new bushings already in them and just bolt them up. In your opinion, what would be the best choice (assuming I do have the money for all the different options). And btw, I didn't have a problem with the poly squeek (i have penty of other rattles. Thanks in advance.

I had the same issue and broke down and got the RE superflex arms...but thats completely un nessisary. Also make sure its just your lowers that are shot, i had terrible wobble and it was my uppers and lowers

----------------------------------
Should I go cheap and get new OEM rubber bushings which will be a little challenging to install at my current abode or get a new set of polys which would be easier to install but a little more pricy.
----------------------------------
Answer me this question. What do you have more of, time or money? Then let that be the answer to your question.

ADVNTURR said:
I am trying to take care of some very bad vibrations in my 91 and it has been pointed out to me that my poly LCA bushings are shot and are a possible source. My question is opinion based. My 4dr is lifted 3" with all high end components and it is my DD with probably 80% onroad driving. Should I go cheap and get new OEM rubber bushings which will be a little challenging to install at my current abode or get a new set of polys which would be easier to install but a little more pricy. The other option is to just bite the bullet and just get a new set of LCAs from RE with the new bushings already in them and just bolt them up. In your opinion, what would be the best choice (assuming I do have the money for all the different options). And btw, I didn't have a problem with the poly squeek (i have penty of other rattles. Thanks in advance.
First you need to determine who's arms you have.Alot of the arms(like pro-crap) will not accept a factory rubber bushing.If they are the small style I would definately look into some "good arms".

dont mess around with trying to press those bushing out

Hell I got a set of lower control arms with good bushing in em sittin collecting dust
as I bet a lot of folks around here do also

Have you checked your steering damper and all the other possibilities? Changing mine has made a huge difference, and undoing one end to see if it's gone won't cost you any more than half an hour of time.

I'd recommend that if you do go for poly bushings that you get grease ports added by a machine shop or similar - it'll cost you pennies and be a good investment for decreasing squeak when they get dry. Just make sure it ends up flush with the inner surface and you'll be fine.

Back