• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn Tabor series winch?

XJHOX

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have any info. on these winches? One of the vendors that we deal with have them on sale pretty cheap. Wondering what HP motor comes on them, I looked at warn site and there is no real info.

go with a tmax for the price and the hp of the motor

I guess I should have made myself more clear. I work at a (mostly) performance shop and one of are main suppliers has them on sale this month. We were thinking about getting a few just to have on the floor and in stock. Oh and I found the info. 4.3hp motor etc. Thanks

Tabor 9000 with roller fairlead for $500 is looking pretty good compared to M8000 with hawse for $600 and another $110 for the roller. Anybody see a flaw in this logic? Any word on quality/longevity/differences on the Tabor?

Anybody know if the Black Diamond multi mounts are any good?

The Tabor plus the multi mount gets me to about $600, then I just need cables.

My brother bought a magnum 9000, the same thing, suppose to be by Warn. From day one it screams like a banshee, about 6 months old now, no problems but sounds like death, are they suppose to sound this way? I'm in the market for a winch now and I'm thinking the Warn M8000 looks better to me with the better warrantee for a little more money even if it has a hawse. A friend of mine has had a Warn 8000 for 18 years, still going, I have a feeling the Magnum want make it that long.

PlainWhiteXJ said:
Tabor 9000 with roller fairlead for $500 is looking pretty good compared to M8000 with hawse for $600 and another $110 for the roller. Anybody see a flaw in this logic?

Or you pay $70 more for the M8000 w/ roller and 100ft of cable. So yes, I see the flaw in the logic of buying a hawse/80ft cabled M8000 vs. buying a roller/100ft cabled one. :D

The Tabor/Magnum series are pretty much a throwaway winch. With that 1 year warranty if something dies, it basically gets field destroyed. You don't get replacement parts for them. Plain and simple. On the M8000 even if you're out of warranty you can look at an exploded diagram, find the part # you need, and order it.

MDXJ said:
go with a tmax for the price and the hp of the motor

i saw these and had to look them up because the prices were so good. all i have to say is that is the most horribly translated site i have seen in a long time. i don't trust chinese companies that don't even hire americans to make a US website with decent english. i am not giving in to the chinese invasion. we are experiencing economic imperialism.

honestly i couldn't tell you where warn, ramsey or milemaker are made, but at least we know that the profits are coming back to us. i know warn leads the market because of reliability, so i am just going to have to spend a little more for quality. i hate it when quality companies come out with "value" lines though (like the magnum), kinda ruins the rep for the good products.

on a side note; tmax makes a hand winch that looks very stout. because it is chinese i am guessing it is a copy of a tried-and true product. can someone tell me where to get one of these that is not a tmax?

http://www.tmaxtools.com/products/hand_winch.htm

note: while writing this little rant i discovered another tmax site that has decent english. it also says designed and engineered in australia, so i feel a little silly for my fuming about world economies. that site is http://www.t-maxwinches.com/
the crappy chinese website is http://www.tmaxtools.com.

ive had a magnum 9000 for a few months now. so far i havent had a single problem with it. from what ive heard, its has the same internals as other warn winches, but they took lower bids to make the parts that dont have as high of quality control as the true warns. the only thing i dont love about mine is the engaging knob. its to small and its sometimes kinda hard to turn, but i know for fact that a normal warn lever will drop in its place. i know 2 other people that have had them for longer than i have too. none of us has had any problems with them at all, and they have been used quite a bit.

kolby

I looked around a bit more, and most of the warns and all of the ramseys i looked at were made in the US. the superwinches and the milemarkes were not. the tabor series warns were also not US made, but carried the same 1 year warranty as the other warns. the ramseys had lifetime warranties. i think y'all know where my money will go. the ramseys are even competitively priced...not cheap, but less than a warn.
mike

PapaPump said:
1 year warranty as the other warns

you are looking at the wrong Warn winches then...

yeah that came from quadratec...i dunno why they have it listed that way...only that tabor series has a 1 year warranty, the rest are lifetime...i stand corrected

lankchevy said:
ive had a magnum 9000 for a few months now. so far i havent had a single problem with it. from what ive heard, its has the same internals as other warn winches, but they took lower bids to make the parts that dont have as high of quality control as the true warns. the only thing i dont love about mine is the engaging knob. its to small and its sometimes kinda hard to turn, but i know for fact that a normal warn lever will drop in its place. i know 2 other people that have had them for longer than i have too. none of us has had any problems with them at all, and they have been used quite a bit.

kolby
Do they seem qiute, as I mentioned in an earlier post my brother has one that's loud. I'd like to know if there's something wrong with it before the warrantee is out.

Dont mean to Hi-Lift.......but,

Superwinch winch's are made world wide under the guidance of Superwinch
people in place at each facility, overseeing production & QC.
In other words, they dont just import a winch, they simply take advantage of
the world economy using different plants worldwide, 'supervised'.

Thier new EP & EPi series winch's are perfect examples, using the world
ecomomy, of providing an excellent product at a reasonable cost.

The EPi 9000 boasts 125' of 21/64" cable (64th larger than any other 9000),
4.6hp motor, 15' hand held control with wrist strap (3' longer than any other,
no one else offers the wrist strap), roller farelead, snatch-block included.....
...extra long power leads, mount it, plug it in and go!

If your looking for a serious winch thats fast, take a look at Superwinch, thier
based in Connecticut.....USA & Devon.....England. Believe it or not,
Superwinch has actually been around/incorperated longer than Warn, they've
just been involved in other markets.

www.superwinch.com

I've got one on my rig. You can get parts for it from warn, it came with a exploded diagram with part numbers that can also be found on the Warn website. Its been a decent and reliable winch. It is pretty loud, but has served me well. I would definately recommend it, and am thinking about getting another for my truck.

Prepmech said:
I've got one on my rig. You can get parts for it from warn, it came with a exploded diagram with part numbers that can also be found on the Warn website. Its been a decent and reliable winch. It is pretty loud, but has served me well. I would definately recommend it, and am thinking about getting another for my truck.

how does the carbon fiber super sleek winch remote perform?
any issues with the LED's that come in the remote?

what in the world are u talking about with the remote? mine looks IDENTICAL to any other warn controller ive ever seen.

kolby

XJ_ranger said:
how does the carbon fiber super sleek winch remote perform?
any issues with the LED's that come in the remote?

Yeah, the carbon fiber remote rocks! It is my favorite pick-up line: "hey baby, I've got a carbon fiber winch remote". It picks up all of the hotties. The LEDs on it are just like the ones you can get for your cell phone, they glow and twinkle different colors while I'm winching. My rig is extreme Mall Rated!

Back