• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Backspacing Question

surfmon

NAXJA Forum User
Going with 32 x 11.5's on 15x8's.

I want these to tuck nicely under flex but not be too far under the body.
And I surely don't want them sticking way the hell out.

What is the recommended backspacing for this setup

thanks
T

Bert said:
anywhere from 4"-4.5" should be fine

x2

Stock I think is 5.5" b.s. 7" rim so you should be good with your 8" rims and 4-4.5" b.s.

Big Red said:
x2

Stock I think is 5.5" b.s. 7" rim so you should be good with your 8" rims and 4-4.5" b.s.

Stock BS is 5.25"

I ran 32x11.5's on 8" w/ 4.5" BS and they tucked nicely.

Last edited:
I agree with them on the tuck issue, but you mentioned you wanted them to stick out some. I have 15x8 with 3.75BS. I love it, did do bumpstops on the rear and moved the front flares up and trimmed.

Here are some pics (lame) so you can decide. The factory 5.25 was way to far in for my liking.

Dunes
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeBMmLJy4atXIA

Bad pics, but one is flexing on RTI. (I have the RE 3.5 6030 which flexes WAY better, but I was still connected in those pics.)
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeBMmLJy4atXMQ

Jason

I've got 32x11.50s but they are on a 15x7 rim. 4" BS puts them about 1/2" outside the fenders on either side.

Stock BS is 5.25"

oops, fogot to mention that my 15x8 with 3.75BS has 32x11.5 GY MTR's on em. They are AR Baja rims. All the other ones that look like this (MT, Eagle, etc) are 3.25BS.

Jason

just for comparision sake, i run 32x11.50's on an 8" rim with 4" of bs'ing...

here's how far they stick out w/ flares on
PICT4100.jpg

and here's how far they stick out w/ flares off
PICT4466.jpg

they tuck just fine if you keep your tires straight. but you'll get some major rubbing if you turn the wheel
PICT4609.jpg

but i just added some hockey puck spacers and have pleanty of room to turn the wheel now
IMG_0160.jpg

HTH

Back