• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can a york replace stock unit?

hman333

NAXJA Forum User
ok i got a question i have searched but could not find the answer, right now my a/c doesnt work, so i have decided to do on-board air, but i would like to use a york compressor to do it, i was wondering, if i take out the stock compressor would a york fit in its place, what would i need to do to make it work, i dont really want to relocate my battery and airbox and all that junk.
thanks guys

hey, yea i have looked into using the sanden, but i think i would rather use the york becuase it is more powerful and less matinace, like oiling and everything

hman333 said:
hey, yea i have looked into using the sanden, but i think i would rather use the york becuase it is more powerful and less matinace, like oiling and everything

I can run an air rachet off mine direct, fills my 5 gal tank in about 15 secs....how much power do you need? Oiler on the input line, filter on the out handles the lube duties.

Again....if you are set on a York, that cool. Just want you to have correct info before dumping the Sanden.

BUT

If you are still set on a York, try the search function. Nevermind...I did it for you:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/search.php?searchid=548966&pp=15&page=2

Rev

Last edited:
i mean, i like the york, but if the sanden would work for me then i would use it, but dont i have to oil it everytime i use it, or buy an oiler which is expensive?

and also that search brings up nothing, and i did try to search but i could not find anyone that switched the two out

is there any way i can put it in there so i dont have to cut the hood, and i dont have to lengthen the belt and that stuff

Back