• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

big brake master?

bj-666

NAXJA Forum User
alright i have searched and searched and found everything but a concrete answer. sooo i have a 96 8.8 in the rear and a hp 44 from a 76 f150 up front my brakes work pretty good now but a couple times a day never at speed but like pulling into parking lots or backing out of parking spaces i loose all brake:gag: pump it a few times and it's back just the same as before no loss of fluid anywhere the only thing i can think of is that the seals in the master are getting funky and letting the fluid leak by inside the master.

anyway on to my question. i've been looking around and see people saying use a e350 master and other say no because it came with drums in the rear the closest i have come is a few people talking about using a covett master (napa# 10-1423) but i don't know if that will bolt up to the 96 booster. soo someone please tell me or point me to the post with the answer to my troubles.

I used a E350 mc. I think it was out of a 97 or something. Bolted right in and I could even re-use one of the lines on the XJ if I remember right. 60 front, 14 bolt rear. Worked pritty good with the drums in the back. I did a disk brake swap and pulled the o-ring from the stock perportioning valve and installed an adjustible one on the rear line. Even with the valve closed as much as it will go the rears still lock up too soon. I am thinking about putting the o-ring back in place.

Other then that the swap was easy and works good. I have an 89 XJ though so I don't know if it will bolt right up. A buddy of mine did the same swap to an 95 YJ though and it bolted right up for him.

Back