• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Pump Question

Topper1118

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of replacing the fuel pump on a '90 XJ with a 4.0. Removing the inlet/outlet hoses was simple. The electrical connection is the question. How is it disconnected from the flange? It appears to be a plug-in but I'm not sure and I don't want to tear something up.

Thanks in advance for any input.

BTDT, it should simply unplug. Remember to use a brass punch to take the lock ring out of the fuel tank or you could make sparks. Sparks = ruin your day

Oh, it simply unplugs! I must have been trying it the hard way, all that prying and spinning the connection back and forth hoping to find it's attachment secret. threw down my screwdriver and ran inside to come check on NAXJA, I'll go back out there and simply unplug it. (with wire cutters):gonnablow

:)

:repair:

well I should have used wire cutters - its broken now...

its too nice of a day to be under a jeep.

abone312 said:
It doesn't unplug at the sending unit, it has a harness on it about a foot, foot and a half long with a plug on the end.

That's the one...far out of one's line of sight when trying to diagnose a problem:shiver:

Back