• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FCC ID# for 97 Keyless

Fatalfunnel

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, I bought a keyfob off of ebay that is "supposed" to work for my vehicle (97 Country). Stealership says they will program for $28.50 "whether it works for my vehicle or not". In other words, if my remote will not work with my vehicle...I'm out $28.50. I know, I know, my dealership SUX! And they are "5-Star". Anyway, if anyone has a 97 with keyless, can you give me the FCC ID# off of the back so I can verify mine? Will this let me know if mine will work?

No number on or in the box mounted between the visors, I just got through looking. Not sure if it has any anti-theft. Build sheet just says keyless.

Here's the $28.00 answer the do it your self.

keyless.jpg

For my '98, I've got FCC GQ43VT10T. However, the Part number for both the '97s and '98s is the same--> 56008968. I've verified this part number. It is listed on the back of the transmitter as well.

Also, the instructions langer1 posted won't work on '97s and up. The transmitter is programed with a DRB scan tool that the dealer has.

Ivan

i bought another keyfob from ebay, took it to the dealer, told em it didnt work, and they programmed it free. One dealer was charging $20, so I went to another one. Just make sure your fcc #'s match and youre good to go

Fatalfunnel said:
No number on or in the box mounted between the visors, I just got through looking. Not sure if it has any anti-theft. Build sheet just says keyless.

Just out of curiosity, since you mention the box between the visors... Are you sure it's RF and nor IR? I believe '96 was the changeover year to all-IR, but am not 100% sure so figured I'd throw it out there.

I think I saw somewhere in my online travels that 98 or 99 was the IR keyless, not sure. At any rate, mine must be RF because there is not "Black bubble" on the interior anywhere.

Back