• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nickle and Dime

flexjay87

NAXJA Forum User
ok, on top of everything else my exhaust leak is gettin bad.i have Clifford header on a 87 4.0. not sure yet where exactly, or how bad the leak is ( could be a crack, or bad gasket)but am really wondering what kind of a list i need for miscellaneous parts that you guys have run into. you know like o-rings for injectors, bolts that might break, etc. i know my fuel feed line is ( at the regulator)getting bad for example, but is not available, and of course i won't know what kind of shape it will be in until i start takin things apart, btw,my header has been on there for about 6 yrs. any past experiance would be appreciated. Scott

I have the single outlet Clifford Header on my 4.7L stroker. I have a horrible time keeping the header flange gaskets in the system. It has nothing to do per se with Clifford, but just the amount of flex and abuse it takes. The key on changing the gasket it to pull two of the bolt and loosen the last, but don't take it out yet. Then rotate the old gasket out of the way. Then slide the new gasket in and start a bolt through on of the empty holes. Once the second bolt is started, then you can remove the first bolt and rotate everything back in alignment and insert the other bolts. I have it down to a 10 minute proceedure from practice.

been so long since i installed it i forgot what the gasket looks like. are you sayin to pull out the center 3 bolts, then the gasket can slide part way in and then install the ends. i just want to make sure i follow you, i am having a hard time picturing it since i have never tried it that way. would be damn good advice though if i could do it that way since it sounds like a time saver. also do you have to unhook anthing else, like , well, whatever?

Back