• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

decisions,decisions...

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
I need to decide what I'm going to do with my transfer case.
option one;rebuild my case I have for 500.00 new chain and sye included.
option two;
http://www.jbconversions.com/pages/products/np231hd/std.html
If I do the case myself I'll save 500.00 but It'll be a stock case.Although it's tempting to go with the case from jb because it's a hd case....I think it's largely a matter of laziness on my part.
I won't be doing any rock crawling in this rig any time soon(but you never know)and I plan to stick with 34's or 33's indefinately,so I don't know if I can justify a hd case.
I'm running around in circles on this one.....

jcroffroad said:
You can build that same case for less money. If you have the ability to build your own case, I would go that way. It will be worth your time in the long run, and you can say you built it.

I would go with building it yourself also. That way you are getting to know your jeep that much more and saving money for something else that needs to be replaced or repaired.

Kim.

I've rebuilt them before....I guess it's a matter of convienence.
I called jb today and the woman on the line told me that they are new cases through and through.I thought they were used rebuilt withe hd components?
The 60 day warranty kinda sucks,though.....

Back