• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DD, what would be your choice? Drop Brackets or long CAs?

Purple

NAXJA Forum User
my 98 is a 90% DD, i run 4" Teraflex in the front and 3.5"RE + 1.5" Teraflex shackles in the rear. I dont really like the quality of the ride on my jeep. What would you suggest i do? Oh, and im also running cheap ass Superlift(Front) Skyjacker(rear) shocks. Are teraflex coils stiff? or most of the ride quality would come from shocks + long CAs or drop brackets? im running 31" BFGs.

at 4" it shouldnt be to harsh a ride from the ca's, try some nicer shocks first perhaps. and whether or not db or la depends on where and what you wheel. db's would be cheaper an dmany would say better while just as many would say worse. personally i would get drop brackets, but if i could afford it i would get tnt's long arms

Ramsey said:
at 4" it shouldnt be to harsh a ride from the ca's
You'd be surprised at the difference. I ran 4.5" and ahort (adjustable) arms for awhile on my XJ but the difference in the ride when I put the DBs on was simply amazing...

i guess i say its not bad because its what i'm use to. i'm sure i will be equally amazed when i can get them and some shocks that arent just pos

ON my rig, I am running DB's but I am swapping over to Long arms. Many ppl who have ridden in my rig are amazed at how smooth it rides for the amount of lift it has. I am running Rusty's 6.5 coils. Sonn I hope to be going to some bigger ones

Long arms make it ride like a rocking chair.

at 4" go with the DB and ya even at 4 inches the ride with DB vs fixed is great. I have the 4.5 re sf kit and just a bit back got to ride with a guy that has the same setup as I did but with drop brackets and man big difference. I asked about his shocks and same as mine even the trackbar and other HD items same as mine. even run same size tires. mine are AT's and his were MTs and his rode nicer.

I'm running RE 4.5" SF springs w/ 1.75" spacers and drop brackets and I'm happy. Ride quality before and after the drop brackets was night and day. I've never ridden/driven anything with longarms so can't really compare to that but I'm happy with the drop brackets.

xjcadropbrackets01.jpg

Twistedimg said:

did you notch out the support bracket or did RE re-design them?

I'm running DB's as well as Rusty's 8" coils on my DD with a decent ride. I am however going to build some long arms soon.

Brad

XJ_ranger said:
did you notch out the support bracket or did RE re-design them?
Opie - what notch are you referring to? The one that I haven't cut yet? If so, I don't see it on the pic above...

new_arms.jpg

i must have been mistaken - i thought the RE brackets looked like

72y9hi.jpg

but i guess not...

Ahhhhh. Nope. (the text is from the original pic on my site. I figure you likely know what the parts are) :D

re_db_brace.jpg

Yucca-Man said:
(the text is from the original pic on my site. I figure you likely know what the parts are) :D

likely... :D :D

ok i got what the crossmember and brace are, but what is that thing that there attached to

Back