• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Comanche Leaf Spring interchange

ren

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if the rear springs off a dakota or s-10 will fit on a comanche close to correctly? I was out playing in the gorge today, and snapped the second leaf in the passenger side. My truck is broken, but home, and my boss will only give me one day to fix it. This is one of those things that I should have checked the length on already, but never did. Thanks in advance.

BrettM said:
i seriously doubt it.

if it's just the second leaf, you could pull one of similar length out of the S10 pack and put it in. just leave the MJ main leaf.
My thoughts exactly.

Be sure to get both S-10 or Dakota springs, though, because it's unlikely that the "new" second leaf will match the original, so unless you replace both sides your truck may be canted over to one side slightly.

Thanks, guys. I guess it might be time to start "improving" my new MJ a little earlier than I thought. Oh, well, at least I didn't roll this one because the spring decided to spring. Junkyard run tomorrow (1/2 mile from my house-at least i can drive there and back to get the parts.).

I recommend making sure the main leaf is supported as much as it is in stock fashion. The other brand leaf can be a short term solution, but I suggest tracking down a good set of MJ leafs in the 'yards. try car-part.com
Jeep on!
--Pete

ComancheClub.com

old post but in having a similar problem, i found a site which lists the length measurements on stock springs for several vehicles, it might be helpful for finding something that would work if you don't mind changing your wheel base a little.
http://www.generalspringkc.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=143&pg=1
that's the page with comanche specs for metric tonne springs

here's another for standard load springs, but it adds the arch info
http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7649

Last edited:
Back