• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time to go higher, need your guys' opinions on these 4.5" setups

HeavyMetal

NAXJA Forum User
im gonna go to around 5" and have a few options

i have my 3" coils right now with some 1.75" spacers, in addition to that i was going to order some RE 4.5" rear springs for 280 shipped, trackbar, so on and so forth of what id need, basically pieced together.

but now i go browsing rustys site and come accross his 4.5 full setup for 669
http://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2/...OD&Product_Code=405K&Category_Code=sus_xj_kit

seems like a good deal, and i figure if i wanna go higher i already have some spacers i can use and can always shackle the rear...what do you guys think?

pieced together lift with the RE 4.5 leafs and spacers up front or this rustys kit?

i have rustys 3" AAL and enjoyed it, although i assume this setup from him would ride much better/be better overall

A couple of things to keep in mind;

For a more "level" look, run ~1" less lift in the rear.

Rather than a 4.5" leaf w/stock length shackle run a 3.5" leaf w/1" lift (2" longer) shackle. This will give the leaves some place to go to when they flatten out during compression/ droop.

RE vs. Rusty's? There are people here who love and hate one or the other. There are also some really pissy people around that hate everything and all of us too. Myself I run the RE 4.5" SF and have been very happy with the value.

TIM

Intelectual value: 2 cents

Back