• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

making my own beadlocks?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, I know I can buy the rings, but I got access to some really good cutting equipment for the next few weeks (a cutting machine which takes a drawn design and cuts it out of sheet metal for me).
So can someone explain to me what is it that I need? If I understand the idea right, then a beadlock is made by having an inner ring welded to the rim and an outisde bolted to the inner ring to hold the tire.
Am I missing something? What is the size of the inner ring? (as in how much bigger then the diameter of a 15" rim should it be? Oh and how thick should the rings be (3/16" ? 1/4"? less? more?)
Thanks

Here's the link to my 5 on 5.5 15x8" rims/beadlocks for sale on Pirate4x4.com :

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372900

You should be able to see how the beadlock works by my pics. I unbolted the outer ring and can then grab the bead of the tire from that side. I don't think I need beadlocks and my wife is after me to get rid of them and get some regular steel rims. I broke 6 bolts in the rim pictured out of the 18 because I aired up too much (27 psi), I now here not to go over 20 psi on beadlock rims. I'm not trying to advertise my rims here, just thought you might be able to learn something from my pics.

Troy

Back