• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sluggish Acceleration

xjj33p3r

NAXJA Member #1108
Anyone have any ideas as to what could cause sluggish and jittery acceleration when you floor it from a stop? My jeep seemed to be struggling with the bigger tires on, and I think it may have to do with TPS sensor, since the tranny shifts hard into second gear. Any ideas? It's an AW4 tranny, and I just find it weird that it's happening all of a sudden when it never would before

Yes, I am. Doesn't have much to do with it though, since i've had these tires for nearly a year, and this is the first time that it's happening.

Sorry to hikack this thread, but Im having the same problem too. I just did a complete cooling system overhaul(radiator, electric fan, water pump, thermo.), free flow cat, and a homebrew air intake with throttle body spacer in my 98 4.0 Cherokee. It now feels very sluggish, Im thinking its running lean because of the intake mods. Do you think a map adjuster will fix the problem?

Back