• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Show Me Your Rear Seat/Cargo Area

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
I just stripped down the rear of my XJ for spray in bedliner installation and I am considering not reinstalling my rear seat. What has anyone done in place of the seats. Thanks in advance.

My Jeep just got retired from DD service and the first thing to go was the rear seat. I'm working on a lockable storage area where the seat used to be. The plan is to cut out the supports for the bench seat and make 2 compartments that close flush w/ the floor. We'll see how it turns out...

I ditched my back seat long ago.I used the back of an old rear seat,with the foam removed,and some support legs attached at the forward corners to cover the area under where the seat used to be(my amps,EQ,etc. reside there).It works out pretty well and is bolted in just like it came stock.If I need to get to my audio gear I just lift the cover up and have complete access.It also holds a pretty good amount of weight as far as camping gear,tools,etc.

planefixer said:
I ditched my back seat long ago.I used the back of an old rear seat,with the foam removed,and some support legs attached at the forward corners to cover the area under where the seat used to be(my amps,EQ,etc. reside there).It works out pretty well and is bolted in just like it came stock.If I need to get to my audio gear I just lift the cover up and have complete access.It also holds a pretty good amount of weight as far as camping gear,tools,etc.

That is a pretty damn good idea!!!

done1.jpg

Back