• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IF you HAD 2 CHOOSE???

BIG-G

NAXJA Forum User
This is a follow up thread for more specific answers so please be serious.

BFG a/t on a 80%+ D.D. will have better tracktion in snow & rain, true or false???? BFG m/t will have les???? True or false????

Please state why each has its characteristics besides the obvious tread pattern.

P.S.= The M/T look so much nicer on the jeep;; Agressive!!! but safety is important here!

The BFG AT's are a great tire on road for snow/winter and wear, The MT's wear great however the lack of sipes makes them handle like crap in light powder and on ice. On a 80% DD you can not go wrong with the AT's.

Let's see...I suppose we could actually see what the manufacturer says:

(1-10, 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest perfomance)
Tire Wear
MT 7
AT 7

Wet Traction
MT 7
AT 9

Quiet Ride
MT n/a
AT 7

Handling
MT 7
AT 8

Winter Traction
MT 7
AT 10

Mud Traction
MT 10
AT 9

Oh yeah, BFG also reports the following about the All-Terrain T/A and NOT the Mud: Meets RMA definition for passenger and light truck for use in severe snow conditions.

Like YuccaMan's specs say, you can't go wrong with the BFG A/T's for winter driving. I currently have the second set of A/T's on my Bronco, and they are great in snow and ice. They are a super all-around tire, and give good wear mileage to boot.

I wish I had put them on my XJ Sport, but now I have to wear these LongTrails out first..... :)

Here is a little example of comparison between the two tires:

I was driving this past winter on a snow and ice covered road and was coming up to a T intersection. I had my radial BFG MT's on the front and two radial BFG AT's on the back. Yeah, I know this is not the greatest thing to do but when the tires came around they were only twenty bucks for all of them so I took the best ones and put them to use. With the MT's on the front I was coming up to this intersection at about twenty mph or so. I went to stop and just kept sliding. While pumping the brakes to get them to help me stop they wouldn't even grab traction to turn at all so I slid into the ditch and had to nail on it in reverse to get the hell out of the ditch. Well since that happened I went to my friends house and switched the tires around and put the AT's up front and the MT's in the rear. Coming up to this same intersection I was able to apply the brakes without sliding and going into the ditch. The AT's held onto the road much better and I was able to turn with no problem on the ice and snow so I kept them up front. This is not my daily driver but is able to be on the roads at anytime. So for a dd I would highly reccomend the AT's over the MT's. Scary situations like that when your family are riding along is not fun. Get the AT's.

Kim.

Ok, anyone have a link to BFG a/t's THAT CARRY A 325/60/15????

Problem is there too dam big (wide) and i cant find em anywhere!! The place i got em from stopped making that size!! Same everywhere else!!

Please help........!

BIG-G said:
Ok, anyone have a link to BFG a/t's THAT CARRY A 325/60/15????

Problem is there too dam big (wide) and i cant find em anywhere!! The place i got em from stopped making that size!! Same everywhere else!!

Please help........!
This doesn't really make sense...BFG either makes them or they don't...I doubt the place you bought them from actually make the tire. Look on BFGs website...Either they produce them or not. If not you are SOL

I can vouch for the long life of the AT's. I've had 'em for 5 years now and I wish the friggin things would wear out so I can justify new ones to the finance commmitee (wife).

DrMoab said:
This doesn't really make sense...
Yeah, but look who's asking.

Believe it or not, BFG does list the LT325/60R15/C as part of the BFG All-Terrain product line. WTF are you doing with a 30.2x12.8" tire though??

Yucca-Man said:

Believe it or not, BFG does list the LT325/60R15/C as part of the BFG All-Terrain product line. WTF are you doing with a 30.2x12.8" tire though??
:D :D :D
I was waiting for a comment like that.

Yucca-Man said:

Bought it like that with FULL tread on them!!

I have a separate set of classic II's with my BFG A/T's on em for the winter. The only tire that would be better in snow is the bridgstone winter dueller. It's like a truck/suv version of the blizzak. But unless you're in snow all the time, go with the BFG's.

Heres the scoop, couldnt find any other brand truck tires that big exept the mud terrains. They discontinued the a/t in that size.
So im ordering up another m/t to go so i have matching back tires.

Not much more i can do....(cant afford buying all new tires & rims!)

Back