• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering issue....

dizzymac

NAXJA Forum User
OK, so last week I hit "Bambi", was prob. doing about 20-25mph at impact, Bambi hit the ground, slid across the street and ran off in the woods I checked the front of my XJ and other than the bumper being pushed in on the drivers side(with fur on it) and the fenders a little bent , all seemed ok. I drove it home and it seemed ok. I drove it today for the first time in a week, steering doesn't seem right, a little sloppier than usual, but at low speed and turning it steers hareder and when taking a hard left the wheel does not come back also feels like it is hanging up in one spot.
Did a visual of steering components and don't see anything out of the ordinary, any suggetions.

it sounds like your tie rod is bent. the tie rod ties the front wheels together and to the bar that pushes them to make you turn. and if it is bent a little, it will pull the drivers side wheel in a little. so the wheels are not pointed in the exact same direction. a new one is cheap at a salvageyard.

Back