• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Control Arm Bushing Size

Jeepstah

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace the rear upper control arm bushing on my rubicon 5.5XD kit. I was wondering if it is the same size as the stock bushings and if I can just get the same size from NAPA. Would it be the same quality as the rubicon bushings? I'm kind of in a hurry because the jeep isn't drivable right now and I don't want to wait for rubicon to ship it here. Thanks for the help.

you do know that RE is based in Rancho Cordova - right next to Sacramento...

maybe you could get a ride there from where ever you are in central CA...

Except for their newest arms they use "factory" bushings.

Sort of a hijack...Are these factory bushings known to be a problem in the RE arms? I replaced one after only a year of on-road driving, and now (one year later) am getting more clunking, from the other side and possibly the replaced one. Haven't done hardly any wheeling on them, and they don't seem to last very long. Any options for better/longer lasting bushings?

ColoCherokees said:
Sort of a hijack...Are these factory bushings known to be a problem in the RE arms? I replaced one after only a year of on-road driving, and now (one year later) am getting more clunking, from the other side and possibly the replaced one. Haven't done hardly any wheeling on them, and they don't seem to last very long. Any options for better/longer lasting bushings?
Yes and No,RE has had problems with bushings.But all the ones Ive replaced with NAPA bushings have held out!

I'm having to replace mine and i've only had the kit for 2 years with mild wheeling. It did seem a little strange that they went out so fast. I'm thinking of getting mine from quadratec because they are the cheapest out there, does anybody have any experience with them. Will they hold up well or are they the cheapest for a reason.

Back