• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this guy crazy? Or am I ignant.

Bradlybob

NAXJA Forum User
Is this guy crazy? Or am I ignorant.

I saw a Grand Chero in the lot at work this AM with about 8" of lift and 33's so I had to have a closer look. The rear looked OK but the front is another story. The lift is about 8", long arm, 8" track bar relocate bracket, adjustable track bar, dropped pitman arm, sway bar discos. The scary thing is that there is nothing attached to the upper control arm mounts. The lower arms are straight, nothing going to the upper mounts on the axle. The only thing that appears to be holding the axle from rotating is the track bar. Is this a standard lift out there on the market or did this guy cobble something together and just ignore the upper CA's. If he's in danger of killing himself and possibly innocent bystanders I'd like to tell him. Advice please.

Last edited by a moderator:
No radius arms, nothin. The upper CA mounts are empty, you can see through the bolt holes. I'll check in the morning if he works tomorrow and give it another once over.

take a pic!

i think you are ignant

I've seen a truck where the uca's were triangulated back to a point on the lowers but it wasn't a jeep and I have no idea how well it worked, just something I saw at the offroad show in Pomona Ca last fall, I didn't get a chance to talk to the guy.

XJ4x4 said:
Sounds to me like this mofo is about to go on a killin' spree with a setup like that.

(TOTALY SARCASTIC VOICE) "but its lighter and there aint nuthin to bind up no more! gorsh if i aint in 4 wheel drive there aint no roll on the front any ways!!"

this is why i drive big trucks with lots of lift, drive over the wreckage of the "what were these for" or "i dont REALLY need these" mechanics LOL...LOL

OK, time to end the madness! I have to plead ingnance. (That's ignorance for all you College grads). The fellow is indead running a Rock Krawlers suspension. That'll teach me to look over other peoples jeeps in dark parking lots at 5am. Now I just need to meet this guy and do some wheelin'!

Back