• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SkyJacker Leaf Spring Bushings

Jeepjunkie3

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98 XJ with a skyjacker 3" lift. The rear leaf's are skyjackers, and the bushings are shot. I called skyjacker to get the right part # and they told me they just used the factory size bushings, so I went and got a set, burned the old ones out, and noticed when I went to install the new (OEM bushings) that they were way to big. Can anyone tell me where I can find the right bushings for these springs?

Thanks

Jeepjunkie3 said:
I have a 98 XJ with a skyjacker 3" lift. The rear leaf's are skyjackers, and the bushings are shot. I called skyjacker to get the right part # and they told me they just used the factory size bushings, so I went and got a set, burned the old ones out, and noticed when I went to install the new (OEM bushings) that they were way to big. Can anyone tell me where I can find the right bushings for these springs?

Thanks

Well there are two sizes in factory spring bushings: front and rear (of the spring). Which bushings did you get and which ones are you installing?

Try Rockkrawler,the springs came with two piece bushings,poly.They almost were able to be pushed in by hand.
Wayne

Well after prying the trade secrets out of Skyjacker they finally gave me the info. They use a Dayton bushing and the part numbers are RB153 (Main Eye) and RB140 (rear eye). Luckily it only took 3 hours of talking to some dope giving him all the dimensions off of their spring to come up with the right part number. Now all I have to do is find someone that either sells Dayton or can cross ref. the part number for me.

Back