• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Has anyone moved their track bar frame mount forward?

cracker

NAXJA Forum User
I was just onder the XJ and it seems as if I have hit my track bar a few times with my bridge over the differential
150.jpg
. My axle is pushed forward about 1.5-2" to accomodate the 35s. I didn't want to do a three link set up but I was thinking about moving the frame mount for the track bar forward about 1.5". Any one done this?

Another option I was thinking was to take a frame mount and cut the bottom off of it and weld a new bracket that would relocate the track bar hole forward 1.5". That would allow me to continue to use the stock unibody mounting holes. Too much stress on the mount then?

By the way, I have a heim joint that connects to the frame mount. Is it important that it lay so the heim is flat or can I connect it at an angle? It might be easier this way.

Last edited:
If you go for the altered mount, you might want to triangulate the added piece. I think that it should hold, depending on how hard you beat it. As for the relocation, I think that this would be the better way to go, because you will be less likely to increase the leverage on the mount.

The Hiem can lay flat or be vertical. Personally, I would might it vert. (sorry about the follow-up post, but I am still working on being able to use a comp.)

ren said:
The Hiem can lay flat or be vertical. Personally, I would might it vert. (sorry about the follow-up post, but I am still working on being able to use a comp.)

I was thinking it would be easier to modify the stock mount it if it were to be vertical.

Well, this is a late thought, but why not combine the two ideas to give 1) an increase in travel with out binding as much, and 2) move the mount forward to avoid whacking the bar?

Back