• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help please help

j kyle

NAXJA Forum User
vibration/binding noise

I Have A 2000 Jeep Cherokee. It Has The Extreme Duty 5.5 Kit On It, Then I Added Two Inch Blocks Plus A 6 Inch Leaf Pack In The Rear, The Front Got The Acos Adjustable Spacer. Everythign Was Fine Untill I Put The Long Arm Upgrade On It. Now Evertime I Drive I Get A Binding Noise Of Vibration Noise From The Rear, I Have A Sye Kit And Drivshaft Already. it sounds lite my cv is hitting or grinding but there are no marks visable

Last edited:
shims...
search this place to find the right size for your lift but you gotta shim your rear axle to make your pinion angle match your drive shaft angle.. or close enought to make it not bind up like that... i have a 4.5in lift and 6 degree shims are needed for it... math might tell you that you need 8 degree maybe or somthing like that.
search for it they are called degree shims or axle shims

that's about all i can think of to tell ya. hope it helps.

How's your rear pinion angle?

-edit- The Duck beat me by a few seconds.

And Where Did You Go To School? :laugh3:

Kejtar said:
Probably Some School That Helps To Capitalize Ones Potential (Sorry I Could Not Resist)

:D

Re: vibration/binding noise

j kyle said:
I Have A 2000 Jeep Cherokee. It Has The Extreme Duty 5.5 Kit On It, Then I Added Two Inch Blocks Plus A 6 Inch Leaf Pack In The Rear, The Front Got The Acos Adjustable Spacer. Everythign Was Fine Untill I Put The Long Arm Upgrade On It. Now Evertime I Drive I Get A Binding Noise Of Vibration Noise From The Rear, I Have A Sye Kit And Drivshaft Already. it sounds lite my cv is hitting or grinding but there are no marks visable

remove the blocks. Axle wrap is probably binding the drive shaft. then check the pinion yoke angle.

Back