• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting tire smart

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry guys I think I'm kicking a dead horse here but need to know. I have a 91 XJ sport . I have a chance to score some 325/60/15's mounted on some american racing rims for 150 bucks. I'm currently running a 3 inch Rough country lift. I was running 32's with very minimal tire rub in the back with the sway bar removed and stock bump stops. Can I run the above mentioned tires???? I am planning on installing tj flares what else should I know????

They won't rub one bit. If my diameter calculation tool is correct, these tires are just a bit over 30" in diameter.

I hope you're getting a GREAT DEAL on these tires!

BFG lists it as 13" wide, 30.6" tall. They're not as tall, but two inches wider than most 32's. With 3.5" back spacing, you'll probably still rub on the control arms, and you'll need to trim ALOT to not rub on the outside. Sounds like more trouble than it's worth for the hight, but if your into being different(sp?), give it a try.

Just saw this thread. PM him and see what lift he is running.http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60906

Last edited:
sgtmack:

Yeah, didn't think to look up the width -- and maybe instead of rubbing on the fenders it may rub on the inerds. Good point.

I agree, I probably wouldn't recommend a 31" tire that's 13 inches wide, anyway .. unless maybe you were doing lots of sand!

I picked them up last night, they rub on the rear of the fender I woud need to trim an inch to two inches just to drive down the street. I'm going to trim to install tj flares, but I think to be safe and functional I am going to go with My back up plan which is to trade the set of four for a set of 5 black rock crawlers with brand new dunlop 30's on them hoping that with the better back spacing I can go back to 32's. I live in hawaii so there is not a whole lot of sand that the state will let us jeepers play in. but there are some places where we can get some good flex and articulation.

Back