• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pipe bender

moneypitxj

NAXJA Member #565
i am in the market for a tube bender. i want one that is resonably priced and still accurate.

thanks, brad

Last edited by a moderator:
Pipe bender does not equal tube bender... I learned this the hard way (wanna buy a slightly used 16 ton unit?) The HF models are attractive by price, but are not all that great for making Jeep stuff out of actual tube.

Actually the HF unit works great if you have the right dies. I made my own and it works fine. The problem is that not everybody has a lathe and mill to make the dies.

old_man said:
Actually the HF unit works great if you have the right dies. I made my own and it works fine. The problem is that not everybody has a lathe and mill to make the dies.

Hmm, very good info... maybe I won't be in such a rush to get rid of the giant orange paperweight.

Yup JD Squared model III is the way to go, I would not trade mine for anything, one of these days I will convert it to Hydro if I ever need to start using it on a constant basis

thanks guys i like this bender.
now i just have to find a spot in the garage to lag it down.
does anyone have their bender to be removeable.
because you need a pretty clear space to bend them roll cage pieces.

oh yea, since were on the subject:

how do you figure out how much tubing you need for building a cage.
just to get passed all the ,well it depends how extensive your going to get.
i want to build a good one so as many points and triangulation as i can without getting ridiculous.

Last edited:
Mines removable,I poured concrete around a 4'" square tube in the ground then built my stand with another piece that fit inside the 4".

Back