• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ball Joint Question

mingo

"De Oppresso Liber"
Started changing out the D30 knuckles on my 89 with WJ knuckles. Noticed the lower ball joint stem is loose and moves freely. So I assume that its trashed and in need of replacement. The upper seems fine. Question.... do you have to remove the upper to remove the lower. Looked at some write up in MADXJ but nothing addresses just the lower replacement.

As long as youve got a C-press ball joint tool its no problem just doing a single upper/lower.

mingo said:
Started changing out the D30 knuckles on my 89 with WJ knuckles. Noticed the lower ball joint stem is loose and moves freely. So I assume that its trashed and in need of replacement. The upper seems fine. Question.... do you have to remove the upper to remove the lower. Looked at some write up in MADXJ but nothing addresses just the lower replacement.
you know what... if the lower is trashed you might as well do both so that you don't have to pull the knuckle off again for a while.

Now that I've slept on it. I will just do both. Thanks for the reponses.

Back