• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BrettM is the man

theslacker

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up one of BrettM's transmission controllers during May when they were on sale and just got it in on the weekend while I was camping. After first installing the unit my Jeep drove like crap. Unless I used the factory shifter I only had 4th gear so I tore back into it and ditched all the splice-on connectors he sent and just soldered the wires. That fixed the problem. My old Tercel and the Super Duty Diesel I drive at work are both standard. My Jeep is obviously and auto and I was really pining for a stick, but now, I love my AW4. If I want I can keep it auto for commuting or open it up and bang gears as a sequential and the torque converter lock was a huge plus on the freeway. If you have an auto and want a standard you can still do the swap to the AX-15 or even NVG3550 but BrettM's device is cheaper and easier to install. Go get one.

Back