• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with tire size.

DUVALL

NAXJA Forum User
I just ordered a RE 3.5" super flex kit and some wheels. Can I fit 33 12.50's without rubbing off road. The wheels are 15x8's with 3.25 " of backspacing. I want to get the biggest tire I can fit without rubbing. Thanks for the help

The short answer is: NO.

The long answer: With some fender trimming and bumpstopping and steering adjustments, this is possible.

Spend a bit of time with the "Search" feature. It's been beat to proverbial death.

Then ignore what everyone else has learned, feel that you're different somehow, and buy them anyway. THEN, (after you've tried them on) either sell them to the list or get REAL friendly with a "body saw" AND REAL UNfriendly with your fenders and wheel wells.

Then drop in the right shocks and bumpstops and hit the trail!

bburge

I did this lift and had to do SYE, shaft, and shims to get rid of the bad vibes. This on a '95 with NP231 and 8.25.

I run 31x10.5 TrXus MTs on 4" BS wheels and had to trim a bit o' plastic from the bottom rear of the front wheel openings.

The 8.25 has a lower pinion and has problems with vibes earlier than the D35. It's not a good comparison. (I have an 8.25, so I know this from the hard side.)

I'm not sure if tcase makes much of a difference in the equation...

You might be OK, but don't be surprised if you aren't. THe next issue would be "bumpsteer" and alignment issues if you don't have adjustible LCA's.

bburge

Usually anything over 4.5" requires a SYE.
The 33s will rub no matter what size lift you put on it(unless you go really high with lots of bumpstop), they just won't fit in the wheel wells. If you are really wanting 33s, start cutting. 33s will fit fine if you trim your fenders, and will work with your 3.5" lift. Is it a daily driver, trail rig? Are you wanting it to work well offroad, or just look good?

SEARCH!

hasta

I run 31x10.5" A.T's on a 2" RE BB. Im pertty sure the rims have 3.75-4" BS. Im running factory bumpstops with heavily trimmed fenders and still rub some. The tires just don't stuff into the wells like previously said. Its all about trimming and bumpstops.

Plus, what are you going to do about gears and upgrading that D35 when it pukes on you with those 33's?

Back