• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best brake pads for WJ front calipers and caddy rear calipers??

Safari Ary

NAXJA Forum User
I FINALLY got my WJ(knuckles/calipers/rotors) stuff in, and I'm preparing for the swap. I've also got a TSM kit here for my 8.25 which uses caddy rear calipers(w/ integrated parking brake). Anyway, I've always skimped on brake pads in the past and I want to reap all the possible benefits from these mods, so what are the best/most effective pads on the market?? I'm willing to splurge a little or put up with a little faster wear, but I wanna be able to STOP. Thanks

Ary

P.S. Runnin 33s for reference

i've always run Performance Friction pads on my disks. they are carbon metallic pads. they are around $30 for a set of fronts, a little more than the rest, but i absolutely love 'em.

Brad

Unsure on the pads, but I am curious as to how much this whole conversion costed you. And how much work is involved. I'll be going to 33s next, and hate my 8.25 drums..

CB

If NAPA has the pads for your application...ask for the "severe duty" series. Very high quality...and last a long time with very excellent stopping capabilities...best I have personally seen in wet conditions...they are some sort of powdered metal material.

I have a set of PF pads on the front of my XJ...NAPA was out of stock and i didn't want to wait...the PF pads are smooth and quiet and adequate for stopping power...but IMHO not as good as the NAPA pads.

CameronB said:
Unsure on the pads, but I am curious as to how much this whole conversion costed you. And how much work is involved. I'll be going to 33s next, and hate my 8.25 drums..

CB

I'll let ya know when I actually do it ;) Right now the parts are just sitting in my garage:rolleyes:

Thanks guys, I'll check into those and pick the best out of them based on price. Peace

Ary

Back