• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adding wing (vent) windows to a '97+

iroc86

NAXJA Forum User
How similar are the front doors between the XJ revisions ('84-'96 and '97+)? I'm a little disappointed that my '98 doesn't have wing windows, and I'd like to add them if possible... I've heard about the seals leaking, but I'd go with entirely new parts. Has anyone tried this, and are the parts even interchangable?

You can no longer buy them new from Mopar. I wanted the same thing for my ’92 so I bought some pull-offs. They leaked and whistled like you wouldn’t believe also they only rotated about halfway. Right now the driver side has a late model one piece in it and as soon as I find the parts so will the passenger side.

iroc86 said:
How similar are the front doors between the XJ revisions ('84-'96 and '97+)? I'm a little disappointed that my '98 doesn't have wing windows, and I'd like to add them if possible... I've heard about the seals leaking, but I'd go with entirely new parts. Has anyone tried this, and are the parts even interchangable?

Funny I want to go the other way and put one piece windows in my 90. I know from my predicament the 97+ window tracks are welded to the doors. If you wanna do it get doors from a 96-. I think that'd be your easiest route. (I'd trade ya) I doubt you really want to do it though, they are a PITA(wing windows that is).

Hmm, I didn't know that they aren't available from Mopar anymore... and up here in PA, I'm sure that most of them are shot in the junkyards. Oh well, I'll just wait until I get my Wagoneer :).

Back