• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BPI Fab front bumper

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone out there with a BPI front bumper. Any problems?? Good quality? Good design? Ease of install? Good paint/PowderCoat? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, NICK

I have their bumper. Great product for the money. The powdercoat was great too. I would recommend them to anyone lokking for a good, stout bumper.

Justin

See thread "MORE Plagiarism" on Non-Tech

Excellent product, excellent custormer service. The only way to get more approach angle would be to modify the radiator support. The welds are perfect and the design is stout. Check my webshots page if you want pictures...

http://community.webshots.com/user/drewlee77

Awesome bumpers....good customer service....both front and rear install quickly with the help of a friend. I guess I'm just repeating what everyone else has already said, but IMO they are well worth the money.
IMG_1808.jpg

I love mine. It is tough as hell. I would like to see the mount go a bit farther back and pick up another hole for support, but with the connection to the bottom of the rail, it is tough. I rolled my XJ over with the weight supported on the drivers front corner of the bumper and all it did was scratch the paint. The workmanship is as good as it gets.

Tom Houston
Loveland, Colorado

I liked the look of the BPI and built my own...

f13.jpg

It's all 3/16" tube and plate... weighs 84 pounds..

I thought it needed more support as well... the main brace is 1/4x6 stock... all grade 8 hardware...

fside.jpg

I run their bumper too. I love it, only thing I would change is to add a hoop to protect the winch a little better.

fbd18f45.jpg

Last edited:
THANKS

Thanks Guys I am prob. gonna buy one. A winchless version. I am on a limited limited budget. I would really like to find one used. But i doubt i will. Anyone that knows of one for sale?? Thanks, NICK

They have only been available about 6 months. Might be hard to find one used.

Tom Houston
Loveland, Colorado

they went out of business fo XJ's...

Mountain offroad and or Poison Spyder customs are the ones that look like BPI....

The bumpers that Poison Spider sells are the BPI Fab's, not copies. I was told by BPI to purchase from poison Spyder
Dustin

HEX-J said:
How much do these bumpers cost? Curious.

try their websites

BPI is still making the bumpers.... but they do not sell to public. Theyre supplying them to Poison Spyder now and then they are the ones selling them. The bumpers have a few new items on em as you can see from the http://www.poisonspidercustoms.com/ BUT! As with most things where a middle man is thrown in.... PS has jacked the price WAY up! For the new additions to the bumper, the price was was raised far too much and IMHO is no longer worth it. I love mine, but I got em when they were still young. The build quality is excellent though. BPI has always done alot of stuff for PS according to the guys at BPI when i visited their shop. Making all their bumpers and stuff even before this business deal took place. Now, I'd suggest AJ's bumpers http://www.ajsoffroadarmor.com/ From what I've heard from other with them, they are a great product, very customizable, and have a very reasonable price. If I need to ever get new front and rears, thats where I'll be going (unless I have a plasma cutter by then) ;)

Don't know if you guys have seen these, but www.rigidco.com makes a very similar bumper to BPI's. Mine was shipped today, so I will be able to give first hand opinions on it after the weekend. Terry (rigid co's owner) is a cool guy and will work with you on customizations. Its worth a look if you're looking for a new BPI-like bumper.

Bert said:
Don't know if you guys have seen these, but www.rigidco.com makes a very similar bumper to BPI's. Mine was shipped today, so I will be able to give first hand opinions on it after the weekend. Terry (rigid co's owner) is a cool guy and will work with you on customizations. Its worth a look if you're looking for a new BPI-like bumper.

BLAH! The RIGID! When are they gonna put the hole in the clevis mount lower?? I wouldnt trust tugging on that bitch for the life of me...

I asked the same thing and judging from the pics I've seen and from what the maker of the bumper said, they've fixed that problem. I wouldn't judge a company by their prototype bumper.

Back