• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Me I.D.

Rocketman

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a bumper from a guy...from a guy...from a guy... you understand.

Does the bumper look familar? The eBay guys from AZ perhaps?? Just wondering.

YES, that's my XJ it's on now. Perfect fit actually. Bolted up in 5 minutes.
Need to weld up some uni-reinforcment attachments B4 I use the receiver for recovery. The bolted on D-Rings, while beefy, I wouldn't trust. Anyone with experience with a similar setup?? Not a bad starting point for $200 eh??
rear1.jpg

rear2.jpg

Those rings seem to be just like the ones on my quad trailer. They are rated at 1000 lbs, you are right not to want to use them for extraction.

Not bad looking, get some nutstrips.

Rev

Rev Den said:
get some nutstrips.
Rev
There nothing there to attach them to!

It looks like a nice bumper.

However ... what I see is a bumper that provides a 2" receiver and D-rings, that attaches to the stock bumper mounts. No attachment to the frame. I would not trust that receiver for either towing or extraction, nor would I trust the D-rings even if you beef them up and weld them to the bumper. Before putting any real load on that thing, you need to fab up additional connections to the frame to transfer stress. A good yank with a strap will rip that thing right off the back of your Jeep. It's only mounted to sheet metal.

I'm feeling better about my 1/4" plate steel and schedule 40 water pipe Barrio Fabworks model...

:D

Yours is prettier tho...

Beef it up!

Actually, have you guys ever looked at the stock rear mounts closely? (I have gotten very personal with them lately as I had to drill out a broken bolt.) They are actually part of the unibody. The weld nuts inside the back plate are actually tacked to the ends of the unibody which is flared out.

Eagle... I don't plan on using it as a recovery point until I weld on some 3/16 or even 1/4" bars to attach to my nut strips in the unibody. I got new ones from a dealer for $17 per side. Needed them to attach my tow hook mount and hook. Just have to get the right angles on the metal so things will line up. Have to wiggle by my gas tank skid mounting too. I had NO plans to use those D-rings either. I'm going to pull those and fab up a mount for my Hi-Lift instead. I plan on using a Warn receiver/shackle as my recovery point.

Gil BullyKatz said:
I'm feeling better about my 1/4" plate steel and schedule 40 water pipe Barrio Fabworks model...

:D

Yours is prettier tho...

Beef it up!

if your fabing up a bumper that DOUBLES as a water pipe....let me know. ;)

SEXY< Functional

that is one home brew bumper from what i see.a clean one but a home brew.Not unless there are aftermarket makers using stock bumper mounts welded to the bumper stock.

Back