• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

battery temp sensor

'Sfunny, but I was just talking to FarmerMatt about this very thing.

Apparently, the OBD-II control system is interested in the temperature of the battery, and considers this input important to control of the charging system. It will throw a code, and it will (I am told) also disable overdrive until it is corrected.

The battery temperature sensor is (obviously!) somewhere in contact with the battery - so start your search around the holddown arrangement and the battery tray. No, I don't know how much it coses, nor do I know if there is an aftermarket version available. I'm pre-OBD!

5-90

You have to remove the battery to see it. It's 1" in diameter and sits on the bottom of the battery tray. Personally, I'd confirm wire continuity to the PCM before replacing it. It's only 2 wires, and the connector for it is attached to the right fender. Should take 2 minutes max to replace.

Back