• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for window seal supplier or info

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I'm doing a body swap on my XJ. The "new" body has the common problem of the rubber wiper that bridges from the door sheetmetal, over to the movable glass, is dry rotted. Other than a dealer, does anybody have a supplier on this OR can anybody tell me the latest model that will have a compatible seal. My "new" rig is a 90 XJ 4 door.

My local dealer just looks at me and laughs when I ask about purchasing one for a 90XJ.

try j.c. whitney has a variety of trim and seal kits.
or http://www.soffseal.com/ i have not needed it on my '95 yet. So i dont know what either has available for 1990 xj's just thought i would throw those names out there your seals should be the same as 1996 xjs though. And i think allot of them are the name on the 1997+ ..... which window is giving you a problem, because i bet some one will have an answer for you with a few more details.

Just looked at the 94 doors I'm parting out, they are the style with stationary wing windows - the window seals are the same as my 91 with the pivoting wing windows. Looks like a bit more than 17 1/2 inches long on the fronts on the 4 door XJ's. Looks like you could go up to at least 96. . .

Thats wierd....my local dealer got me some replacements for my '85 mod with no problem....go figure.

Back