• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ rear overhang ??'s

NAXJA Forum User
I'm wanting to shorten my sheelbase from the super long 122" I have now down to about 110-112".

My rear susp is SOA with stock MJ springs. BUT if I just move the MJ springs forward...I will still have too much rear overhang even with chopping off the frame up to the shacklehangers....I;d rather not be dragging arse as it were even with a beefed up bumper/x-member built there. ***my MJ is completely bedless***.
Any ideas on what leaves I can use to decrease the rear overhang? I thought about XJ leaves but they aren't that much shorter than MJ leaves.

I would either use the MJ leafs or link it with coils. I very rarely hit my rear shackles on the Rubicon and Fordyce trails, and I never get hung up on them, they just bounce off. Shorter leafs won't flex or ride as well, but if you're dead set on it, I would look at the 7 leaf Waggys.

Here is my shortbed at 115 (the 2 inches is gained in the front) and it's not a problem at all:
img0688resize7fm.md.jpg

I will be linking it with coils and going down to 110 sometime in the next few months.

043500 said:
I thought about XJ leaves but they aren't that much shorter than MJ leaves.

they are 5" shorter actualy...

How about YJ Wrangler?

Thanks Brett...that's good to know. Going with a shorter leaf is/was a concern as I like the long MJ leaves...just didn;t know if I;d be hanging up on them. SO shortening my wheelbase will be fairly easy...and still leave room to link it in the future.

if u wanna use yj springs ive heard alot of good about the RE 1.5" yjs that are made to be run spring over. might be a good setup for ya.

kolby

Back