• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift to fit 35"s

CW

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I finally have enough money to buy my wheels and tires, but my jeep has grown from my original plan of 3" lift and 31"s. Now I am at 5" of lift and have TJ flares and I am contemplating 35's. Do you guys think I have enough clearance for 35's or should I settle for 33's. My suspension has enough travel to stuff my stock tires into the fender well, so I have already pounded every seem flat so the tire contacting it isn't a huge concern.

CW. said:
Hey, I finally have enough money to buy my wheels and tires, but my jeep has grown from my original plan of 3" lift and 31"s. Now I am at 5" of lift and have TJ flares and I am contemplating 35's. Do you guys think I have enough clearance for 35's or should I settle for 33's. My suspension has enough travel to stuff my stock tires into the fender well, so I have already pounded every seem flat so the tire contacting it isn't a huge concern.

Put them on and lift as needed.......add salt and pepper to taste....

Have you thought about the rest of the driveline, or is this rig a pavement pounder?

CRASH

I am probably going to go with a ford 9" in the rear and a d44 in the front as soon as I get the $$. I have the 9" under an old galaxie with a 390 I just need to get it shaved. I will run 4.56 gears with a rear locker and maybe a front limited slip. If I don't get all that done before the 35's I have a spare d35. 90% of my driving is on road but I am kinda mean to it on the weakends. I will go easy on it while my stroker breaks in which should give me enough time to work out my axle situation.

Rev, I have the Fenders trimmed pretty much the exact way you do. If you added an inch of lift do you think you could run 35"s and still have decent travel? I guess I could always try to trim even more, but theres not much fender left.

Have you thought about the rest of the driveline, or is this rig a pavement pounder?

My thoughts exactly Crash. It seems as if the hobby/sport has grown to 33's being the newB tire and then jumping almost immediately to 35's with no thought put into the driveline. Sure, everyone needs an ego boost. But what good is that when you suffer from emberassment when your D35 is shattered all over the trail. $h!T, my 33's are destroying unit hubs now on the D30. Which is why project Infinirig is in place. The 98 has become a pavement pounder, soon to be listed in the For Sale ads to be replaced by a tow rig. Even pink trail (at the Badlands) lacks the adreneline injection.

Driveline first.....35"s+ last!

Peace,

Timo

Back