• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

newb question/tranny related

SeansXJ

NAXJA Forum User
well ive recently been having problem with my passengar side upper control arm pinching my tranny lines, it pinched one enough to break it. anyway i replaced the one that was torn and now im getting a leak from the end that goes to the tranny. my question is does that plastic washer/sleeve go bad causing leaks or the whole end that pops in maybe?...i havent pulled it out and reseated it yet, thinking maybe i didnt seat it all the way/wrong something. it did pop in though and will only come out by pinching the tabs so thats why im asking about that washer type plastic piece.

thanks and sorry for the newb question..
Sean

Pretty much. FSM (and nearly any other service literature I've read) sez those fittings should be renewed EACH and EVERY time the fitting is disconnected, for any reason or length of time.

Is it any wonder I don't like them?

So far as I've found, the renew kit is OEMR only. I could be wrong - and if I am, would someone please correct me?

I'm also working on making an adapter fitting out of brass - I've proto'ed it, and I've got drawings made, so I need to gage interest (again!) and see what it's going to cost me to get a batch made...

5-90

oemr?....sorry please explain,lol. and i still owe you that 242 tcase shift bezel,lol. lets see if you can remember.

Back